Part-Time Intake Coordinator
If you or someone you know might be interested in this paid position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
30 hours/week total (50% job share between two coordinators)
Workday: 8:30am – 2:30pm Monday through Friday
Do you have compassion for seniors, a pleasant and patient disposition, solid technical skills and desire a part-time job that makes a difference in your community?
The part-time Intake Coordinators at Nourish Meals on Wheels represent the organization to clients, volunteers and the public. They serve as primary communicators with our clients and their families to coordinate meal delivery and maintain client profiles and relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities
Outstanding Customer Service
- Answer and manage incoming phone calls in a positive, professional, efficient and courteous manner
- Assist volunteer drivers with client and delivery questions
- Report and/or resolve problems, requests and suggestions quickly and efficiently
- Initiate Client Well Check emergency process per procedure when necessary
- Send a variety of written communication to clients, families and donors
- Maintain client activity logs and hand-off unresolved issues at end of day
- Perform client intakes from phone calls and email inquiries on day they are received
- Help clients determine appropriate meal payment
- Enter new clients into database and assign route
- Create and maintain maps
- Process payments
- Maintain and update client profile preferences and status upon receipt
- Responsible for ordering office supplies.
- Manage, train and assist our office volunteers.
- Create daily route sheets and run “specials” for the kitchen.
- Manage client birthdays and send them out a gift.
- Monitor route size and communicate recommendations for change in collaboration with Operations Manager
- Develop new routes when necessary to accommodate growth
- Manage end of month billing process by last business day of each month
- Create end of month billing statements and
- Manage the mailing process including envelope preparation, multiple client statement collation and collection letters as required
- Previous experience in fast-paced, active work environment with frequent interruptions
- Prior customer service experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have ability to work independently and within a team, to coordinate multiple facets of client support, to prioritize work, and effectively manage time to accomplish multiple tasks in an active office atmosphere with frequent interruptions
- Proficient computer skills and ability to learn new software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills